Want to know how you can keep your New Year’s Resolution? We can help!
Pledge to follow one or more of our driving smarter tips and you can increase your chances of keeping your related New Year’s Resolution(s).
Like many Americans, you probably made a New Year’s Resolution in the last few days. The vast majority of these resolutions involved (1) improving our health; (2) reducing our debts; and (3) spending more time with our friends and family. These are all worthy goals, and we can help you achieve them.
When it comes to achieving personal goals, there are studies that show that “co-actions of two linked behaviors can mutually benefit one another.” With regard to New Year’s Resolutions, this means that if you have two related goals, such as “diet and exercise” or “saving money and sticking to a monthly budget,” you can increase your chance of achieving each one by resolving to do both because they are mutually reinforcing.
Here at Driving2Save, we have lots of driving smarter tips that you can pair with one or more of your resolutions:
- Clean out your car to reduce weight and improve fuel economy
- Remove your unused roof rack to reduce drag and increase fuel efficiency
Go to the Gym:
- Take the first reasonable parking spot you can find and the walk to your destination to save money on gas and improve your health
- Inflate your tires manually using a bicycle pump – it can take 6-12 pumps per PSI, which will give your triceps a good workout.
- End your addiction to air conditioning and your car will perform much better (just like your lungs if you quit smoking)
- If you want to live healthier and longer, be safer in your car – properly inflate your tires, wear your seatbelt, avoid distracted driving, etc.
Save More Money:
- Virtually every tip we publish will save you money, but to save you time, we have listed our Top 5 Tips for saving money here and our Top 10 Tips here.
Spend More Time with Family & Friends:
- Carpool within your social network so that you can save money and spend your time doing things you enjoy
- If you talk to friends and family while driving, make sure you do it safely by going handsfree
- Take your children and pets with you when you park your car
Pairing a Driving2Save tip with another resolution will increase your chances of success. But if you really want to stick your resolutions, click the “Pledge” button on one or more of our tips. Tangibly expressing your commitment improves persistence. And then write us and tell us which tips you are following this year and how you are doing. We will publish success stories throughout the year.
We wish all our readers a safe, happy and successful 2018.